Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Well we have had an awesome past two days! We were invited to our friend's the Walker's home for Thanksgiving dinner and it was so fun! Great food, great company and a gorgeous house to be in with the snow falling outside! Thank you Walkers!
The best part of Thanksgiving was having Nick be with us all day! No distractions, no studying....the perfect day! He made his amazing apple pie...one for the Walkers house....one for only US! :) That puppy was gone this morning! I was able to ichat with my family in AZ.....such a GREAT blessing for me to have a Mac computer. I really missed them!!!

BLACK FRIDAY....I decided to be daring and drive in the snow for the very first time ( I have literally been holed up inside for a week in fear of driving in the snow). I got some new snow boots which were desperately needed. What a difference it makes! Don't ask me why my first adventure out driving in the snow was on the busiest shopping day of the year....but it was and it went GREAT! I had so much fun walking around the mall with Elle. Looking at the lights....seeing SANTA again. Even though we didn't buy anything....it was fun to feel the energy of others and the excitement in the air of the Holidays! We went to the firework show in Coeur D'Alene,Idaho! It was amazing. I would rate it my number two favorite firework show...next to Disneyland! Elle was wide eyed looking at the lights....pretty neat to see! We are having a blast!


( light display over the lake)
( Nick and Elle by Santa)
( Mommy and mini)
( the only pic of Elle on Thanksgiving)


3 comments:

Susie said...

Hurray for blogging - I loved looking at these photos. You are way braver than me, driving in that snow!!

Mrs. Walker said...

Yay for new boots! I'm impressed with your adaptation to the snow. I have been freaked out, and I have lived near snow all my life. We loved having you for Thanksgiving, thanks so much for coming (and brining that fantastic pie. Seriously the best ever!). I love that little Elle, and I'm glad I got to see her!

dhillman said...

Sounds like a great holiday! I love CouerDLane9sp)--I used to go spend a coupld weeks there at my aunts house in the sumemr. She lives in Hayden Lake-just outside of there now!