Friday, September 19, 2008

Something that made me smile!!!




So, all week I have been craving Pumpkin Pie. So much, that I have been begging my mom to make some! Well, Thursday night in Math, I was telling this to my new friend Vanessa. She thought it was funny and we didn't say anything else about it. Well, I was finishing up checking in a patient today and I look up, and there is Vanessa and her cute little son dropping off a slice of Marie Calenders PUMPKIN PIE! It was SO nice of her to think of me. She is a wife, mom of 3 BOYS, taking 2 college classes, and works full time....and she STILL had time to think of me! I was so touched by her act of kindness that I had to share it! It brightened my WHOLE day!

7 comments:

Jordan & Rhonda said...

That was so nice of her. I am amazed at how thoughtful some people really are. I try to be but I really don't think I'm all that great.

Robin and Larry said...

Patty on Potvin... piece of pumpkin pie please. I love you Kristen! :)

Susie said...

Hmmmm, "craving" you've got me thinking!!!!

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing that. It did prick my conscience, though, because I don't ever seem to do thoughtful acts of kindness like that. But I'm going to start right now because of how it makes the giver and the givee feel.!

dhillman said...

How nice! I wish I was more like that! And now...I will have to have pie!;)

John and Becky Bowler said...

That was bice of your friend to do that!!! Pumpkin Pie sounds great right now!!!

Lisa said...

I am glad to hear there are still kind people out there in the big bad world! It reminds me that I should be so much more thoughtful!