Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ellen Kaye Shipley



Oh, how I miss Ellen. HA- my mother informed me tonight Alexis' name could have been ELLEN! When I heard this I started laughing pretty hard. It is funny how names just "GO" with people. It was funny. I met a lady last week at tennis and we introduced ourselves and I told her my name and she said, " that's funny, you look like a Kristen." Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, I just think it is funny how every ones names are meant just for them. I am REALLY glad Alexis wasn't named ELLEN. Not that it is a bad name, it is a very pretty name...but really, Alexis is TOTALLY an Alexis. Even Nick, he doesn't look like he could have been named anything else. Who else....LARRY, there is no other name that could have been more perfect for my dad, or ROBIN for my mom!

4 comments:

The Baker Family said...

In my family all the girls were almost Madeline, but none of us looked like a Madelin so my mom never got to call us by her favorite name. Oh well! Nikki

Pam's stuff said...

Geez...I was almost named "Judith". I can't imagine being called Judy. I'm just I wasn't named after either of my grandmothers, Helga or Blanche! EEEEKKK! But they are names you can put in your little memory bank for when you have your first daughter! HA!

dhillman said...

I was almost named Dawn--thank goodnessmy parents changed their minds about that one---
I miss her too!

John and Becky Bowler said...

Oh Ellen...that would have been so funny!!!